Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ashley's Pizza Bites

Sick Little Man
I got most of my bridesmaids together this past weekend to finalize their dress choices and place the order - YAHOO! Ashley decided to make a weekend of it and came up Friday night to hang out. After work, I went to visit Eli, my nephew, in the hospital who was battling a rough tummy bug. He was in there three nights and it was probably the saddest thing ever. I brought him a cute card, a doggy stuffed animal, and a Where's Waldo book to help keep him occupied while he laid in bed. Although from what I understand he spent most of the time drinking a little milk and then falling back asleep. Peyton Manning's Childrens Hospital treated him well, and he finally started feeling better on Monday. Praise the baby Jesus!

After my visit with Eli, which was more of a visit with Joe since Eli was sleeping, I met Ashley at Marsh to pick up beverages and the items we needed to make Ashley's Pizza Bites.

Since it was Good Friday, Sean and I couldn't eat meat. Which kinda ruined Ashley's idea to make pizza bites, but have no fear! We waited until midnight and then she showed me how to whip up these little cups of low-calorie, low-carb goodness.

I highly recommend these to anyone - and I highly recommend getting creative! You can do anything with these - pizza, taco, Chinese, veggie, breakfast, WHATEVER you can dream of, you can enjoy. These little won ton wraps were sent directly from heaven, I'm certain of it!

Ashley's Pizza Bites
1lb Spicy Sausage
1 package of mini pepperoni (usually found by the sliced meats in the refrigerated section)
Baby Taco Salad Shells
1 can Chef Boyardee pizza sauce
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package Nasoya Won Ton Wraps (found in the health food refrigerated section)
salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to taste

In a cupcake pan, press one won-ton wrapper into each cup. Make sure all four corners are up, creating a little bowl. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 5-7 minutes or until the edges turn brown.

Just a dollop of sauce!
Brown the sausage until fully cooked. Add a handful (if you love pepperoni add as much as your little heart desires) of mini peperoni's and a handful of mozzarella cheese. Mix the sausage, pepperoni, and cheese together - add spices until it tastes good to you.

Move the Won Ton bowls to a cookie sheet. They should look like teeny tiny taco salad bowls. Fill each with a spoonful of the sausage and peperoni mixture. Add a dollop of pizza sauce (be careful not to use too much pizza sauce!) on top of the mixture and cover with shredded cheese.

You will have extra mixture left over - you can refrigerate it and it will be good for about a week or so. These are so easy you can pop them in whenever you want for a snack! Have unexpected guests? impress them with this quick, healthy, and easy snack!

Bake 7-8 minutes or until the cheese has a little color to it.

ENJOY.

After entering this recipe on My Fitness Pal , I figured out each pizza bite has 100 calories. Last night Sean and I made these bites with Turkey Sausage and Turkey Pepperoni (I diced the peperoni into little pieces) and they only had 60 calories in each pizza bite.
  
Cheesy Goodness

The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment