Monday, April 1, 2013

I got the blues

Mondays are never fun. I'm sure they could be fun if you have a job that you love, or if you knew you didn't have to work Tuesday, or even if you had dinner plans with your friends after work. But just like my hate for Wednesdays, my hate for Monday was pretty strong this morning. Some people would say, "Well, you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and put your poopy pants on instead of your awesome pants" but I call shenanigans.

So, instead of being all poopy because it's Monday, it's chilly outside, and I have an earache - I now present to you

What Motivates Betsy List

Reading Blogs
For example, www.mamalaughlin.com - she's totally ridiculous, but she cracks me up. and she makes me want to blog like her - saying totally ridiculous things and making up my own words. But I'm not that funny. She used to be chubby and now she's a certified badass.

Chai Tea Latte
I can't drink pop like I used to, and when I say I used to I mean in the twelve years that I've been allowed to drink pop (my Mom didn't dare allow us pop, smart woman). Anyways, it gives me this weird feeling that makes me feel like I'm going to faint. Also, I find it hard to focus when I'm on the caffeine. Coffee turns my teeth yellow, so it's just not an option.
On the way back from Sean's grandmother's funeral, my future sister-in-law, Elizabeth, and her hubby, Shaun, stopped at Starbucks. Elizabeth got a hot chai tea latte. Shaun got an iced chai tea latte. Maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember. Shaun ending up getting bored with his so he gave it to me, and that's when I had my first glorious sip of chai tea latte. I'm addicted. Perfect amount of caffeine, not too many calories, and heaven in my mouth.

The Health & Fitness Board on Pinterest
If I don't feel like working out, or really want to eat something crappy, I hop onto Pinterest and go straight to the Health and Fitness board. It never fails me. Something always pops up that reminds me how hard I've been working and there's no point in sabotaging myself now.

Upcoming Wedding
166 days to go. My dress is hanging in my apartment. We just ordered the ladies dresses.
THE HONEYMOON HAS BEEN BOOKED.

Impending Spring
I know spring has arrived according to the calendar, but not according to the temperature. Thinking about summer dresses, shorts, tank tops, sunglasses and tan lines puts a smile on my face and makes me want to work it like none other.

I guess this list turned into
"What Motivates Betsy to Get Her Butt in Shape" 
- sorry if you were looking for something different.  

Grocery Shopping
I agree with the quote, "you get fit at the gym and lose weight in the kitchen."

My Aunt Suzanne
She died way too young. I'd like to see Lucy, Eli, and Graham get hitched one day.

That's all for this list, for now.

I hope you decided to put on your awesome pants this morning instead of your poopy pants. Writing this list just forced me to change out of my poopy pants, and put on my life is good pants. Whoop, whoop.

After all, Stephen Kellogg says it best..."Happiness depends on how you handle the day..." Well said, Stephen, well said.


No comments:

Post a Comment