Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Little bit of this, little bit of that.

Time flies!

I won't apologize for my lack of blogging; mostly because I find it annoying when other people do it. Life is busy, sometimes people have nothing to say, and other times people have too much to say but can't figure out how to put it into sentence form. I can attribute my lack of blogging to all three reasons. But, Ashley called me a slacker so I'm back, for now. ;)

Wedding Update

I almost had my first bridezilla moment. Thankfully beer, pizza, and a well-timed text message reeled me in pretty quickly.

Sean and I went to Jos. A. Bank to pick out tuxes. This should be easy, I thought. Ha. Did you know that there are a GAZILLION different vest and tie options? Did you know that no one carries solid colored vests? Not to mention the fact that it was prom season and a Carmel Housewife and her pimply-faced High School junior cut in front of us and stole the ONE table and ONE computer they had set up to go over the available options.

After waiting a solid 25 minutes for someone to acknlowledge us, we began the tux shopping experience. The only good thing that came out of this appointment was that Sean agreed that he liked the midnight blue tuxes. Once we got into the vest and tie options, the lady was totally confused by what I wanted and just was not following or helping me. Gosh, I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type this. I wanted exactly what was in the picture for the ushers, and she looked at me like a deer in headlights. Sean was pretty open to what I was suggesting, but I could tell he was irritated by the entire experience so far. Once she started confusing what I wanted the groomsmen to wear with what d the ushers will wear I knew the appointment was going nowhere.

We gave the lady the names of our groomsmen and ushers, and she told us that she wouldn't be able to cater to our ring bearers because they don't have tuxes in their sizes.  Fine, whatever. Get me out of here.

Before I totally lost it, we left and went over to enjoy a pizza and chug some beers. My blood pressure returned to normal, and Cara responded to my frantic text messages reminding me that "They are only tuxes."

Truer words have never been spoken.

This past weekend my bff, Ashley came up to visit. She went with me to Jos. A. Banks, but a different location, on Saturday - a total whim of a trip, I had planned on going with Cara and Sean's sister, Elizabeth. But, we were at Hamilton Towne Center anways and they had a Jos. A. Banks right there.

The moment we walked in I could tell it was going to be a better experience.

A lady came right to our assistance and after I explained the experience at the other Jos. A. Bank location she said, "Well, I'm a tux expert so let's get this figured out."

The very first thing we did was look up in the computer to see if the lady from the other location had added our information. Of course, she hadn't. Somehow I had everyone's numbers in my phone, so we were able to add all of the groomsmen, the ushers, the ring bearers, and Sean's dad to our account.

The event was created and we were off and running. She explained that the vests, while they don't look solid when your up close, they are a nice solid gray when you take a step back. She also showed us how they would be photographed. She really is a tux genius! She explained that they could indeed, put our ring bearers in ANY tux that they had available. By far, the best news of the day! We organized what the groomsmen are going to wear, as well as the ushers and we moved onto what Sean was wearing, and what his Dad was wearing. It was so much easier than my previous experience.

Plus, she gave us an extra free tux rental! Instead of giving one person a free tux, she divided the amount up and we applied it to the cost of all the tuxes so everyone could save a little money. Weddings are freaking expensive, for the bride (and her family) and groom (and his family), AND for all the people who are actually in the wedding with us.

I walked out with a smile, and a check mark next to Figure out the damn tux situation box on my to-do list.


Our cute Ring Bearers. Isaac, Eli, & Levi. :)


The Groomsmen. Rob, Keith, Justin, Joe, Pat, Shaun, Andrew
 Life Update

I was offered a new position that I just could not turn down. It throws a wrench in Sean's and my life plans, but we're still getting married and we're still going to do everything we planned on doing... we are just not sure where yet. It's an exciting time, and I so exicted about this turn of events. It's going to be rough for the next few months, but the payoff is huge and totally worth it.

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment