Wednesday, April 10, 2013

All Things Wedding: The Color Edition!

157 Days to go!

Wowzers. Time is flying.

One of the biggest decisions a bride has to make before starting any wedding planning is what color scheme she wants to go with. I started out wanting purple, then red, then back to purple, and then finally deciding that I just can't decide. That's the biggest reason I decided to put my bridesmaids  in gray dresses. It allows me to use whatever color I want, wherever I want it without clashing. Just call me a color genius.

Here's where the color scheme stands right now.

I know we'll probably have red roses, but I also want some purple, maybe blue, and bright green mixed in. I tried calling the florist two weeks ago but she never got back with me. I guess I should make another soon.

I am really pushing for deep navy blue tuxes. I found a picture and THEY LOOK AWESOME. Plus, I figure that kinda goes with Sean and his love of the Yankee's. Navy Blue Pinstripes are classic.

The little girls will wear cream, which matches my dress but will have a satin ribbon around their wastes that will be different colors. I'm thinking something like deep red for Lucy, deep purple for Katie, and a lighter brighter green for Addison. The little boys will be wearing a tux, whatever color we end up choosing for the guys tuxes.

The reception hall is just beautiful. It's all golds, dark wood, and there's some rose color. There's no decorating needed. Which is possibly why my stress levels about the reception are pretty close to niche, nada, zero! We just have to get the food, the seating, and the drinking right.

I'm learning that the biggest thing my color scheme or lack thereof is affecting is the invitations. I know I want to assemble my own, mostly to save some moola, but also because I want to be in control of how they turn out. I've already put together the wording, but finding the paper to see my vision carried out has been a task. I was going to try and find a local paper store, but ain't nobody got time for dat! So, I found an awesome website that has pre-cut paper in every color imaginable. I ordered eight different color samples and they should be here this week. Once I look over the colors with my sister, my matron-of-honor, and my Mom, I will place the order for the different pieces we'll need and the invitation train will be in motion!

I'm still feeling good about all this wedding stuff. No bridezilla moments so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment