Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Homemade Pork Lo Mein


I have been craving lo mein like crazy for the past two months. Something about the mixture of thick noodles, veggies, soy sauce, and garlic just gets my mouth watering. Since Chinese food is NOT in my food budget that I am sticking to, I decided it was time to cure the craving and make a batch of lo mein myself. I didn't follow a recipe, I just went with my gut and what sounded right, and it turned out PERFECT. You can find the recipe below.
Scrumptious Lo Mein
Betsy's Pork Lo Mein

1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin (you can use chicken too), thinly sliced and diced
1.5 cups Chicken Broth (I boiled bouillon cubes in water)
1 Box of lo mein noodles (you can use angel hair pasta too!)
About 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 bag of stir fry veggies
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste

Start the noodles (follow the box instruction)
Put diced meat in pain, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until done.
Drain noodles, pour into pan that's holding the meat
Add bag of stir fry veggies (it's okay if they are still frozen, it won't take much to get them warm)
Add chicken broth and soy sauce
Let simmer about 5 minues
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste

*If you really love garlic, I suggest you put a tablespoon or two of minced garlic in the pan when you're first cooking the meat.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ummm yum! I might have to steal this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is super yummy! And it makes a lot, so you'll have leftovers. I am even willing to go as far as saying that the leftovers are better than when it's first made! :)

    ReplyDelete