Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wordy & Wobbly Wednesday

We're flying out to New Jersey on Saturday to give Sean's Grandmother our last bits of love and send her up to Heaven to gain her wings. I wasn't lucky enough to meet this special lady, but I've enjoyed hearing the stories over the past few years. Aimee and Elizabeth both wrote nice blogs remembering her, which helps me feel connected.

Since we're flying out there, Sean's parents (who are driving) offered to take a bag of my stuff so we don't have to check anything on the airport. It was a nice offer that I had no reason to turn down.

But, you know what I'm NOT good at?

Picking out clothes for a trip.

These are the times that I wish I was super skinny and everything just looked great on me all the time. But, I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind my curves. It would just be nice to pack a bag and have no worries that I forgot something. I don't have the luxury of just running out to any store to find a replacement. Not everything fits, and even if it does fit it usually doesn't look right. You may think this would make me hate clothes shopping, but I can assure you that is NOT the case. But I do hate clothes shopping on a whim or when I don't have all the time in the world. Or more importantly, when other people are waiting on me.

It took me far too long but I think I have everything organized. Sean's parents are taking my dressy clothes and one small bag of clothes. I will take a carry on with my hair, face, and shower stuff. I realize that this shouldn't be that hard, but I prefer to be prepared and therefore stress-free when I travel or really, do anything in my life.

After packing and settling in for the night I laid down to only be woken 45 minutes later by crazy, loud wind. I looked at the radar and not only did we have a flood warning, a thunderstorm warning, we also had a tornado warning until 5am. I spent all that time packing, cleaning, and surfing the web and not once did I read or watch the news! The storm was spread from the tip tops of Michigan allllllllllll the way down to Alabama.

Every since the tornado hit in Bloomington I have been dealing with anxiety when it comes to bad weather. I used to love a good thunderstorm, wind never really bothered me, but now it causes my throat to swell up and an ache in my belly. I was up until about 2am praying, calming myself down, and trying to distract myself with Pinterest. It made for a rough morning, but I'm happy to see on the news that no one was hurt and no tornado touched down anywhere.

Onto some motivation to get me through the rest of this day, and my run this evening!





No comments:

Post a Comment