Thursday, January 10, 2013

Give 'em a break!

I'm one of those people who tend to believe that all people are good. I don't think that someone intentionally cuts you off on the highway or that they intentionally forgot to send you a birthday wish. Everyone has a lot going on in their everyday lives, and neither I, nor you, are the center of their universe.

Have you heard the quote, "Always be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle." said by Plato? Well, it's true. People walk around with masks on not everyone always knows what's going on at home, at work, at school, etc. People react differently than you anticipated to situations because they are dealing with something that you aren't.

One of my 13 in '13 is to be faster to listen and slower to talk. I've failed at this many times in the past and I always regret it. So here's a little reminder to myself to think before I speak, to listen before I talk.

We're all human, we all make mistakes, and we all are simply doing the best we each can do.

Let's start giving each other a break, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment