Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shred, Run, Shred, Run, Shred, Run

My bff from Seattle, Brit, has jumped on the exercise boat, therefore motivating me to continue doing what I'm doing.

I've never ever ever ever ever, EVER been into exercise.

But I won't lie, I've gotten to the point where I kind of enjoy it now.

Brit joined a group on Facebook called 30 Day Shred. Basically, Jillian Michaels put an excercise DVD out that has three different sections, and you do each section for 10 days each. Each section only lasts 20 minutes, but if you've ever watched The Biggest Loser you know how brutal Jillian can be. At the end of the shred, you're supposed to see big results.

Here's the thing.

I've tried to do this shred before and I barely got through ONE section.

I didn't even try the next day.

So, when Brit invited me to join the group with her I was a bit nervous. But, I joined anyways and decided that if she's willing to do it I should at least give it a try.

Last night was attempt one and I made it through! I had to do the modified version on most exercises, but only had to take a break twice during the twenty minute workout. I'm sore today in all the usual spots, but not sore enough to keep me from exercising again today.

In order to not get totally bored with only doing one type of workout, I decided I will alternate my days with the 30 Day Shred and running... for as long as my body lets me. I know I will need a rest day or two here and there, but it's nice to have a plan.

And it's nice to know that I can get through the shred without quitting.

And it's even nicer to know that I'm looking forward to running this evening because I know it will be easier than if it was a day I had to do the shred.

Never ever ever ever, EVER thought I would say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment