Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wobbly Wednesday & My First Whole Foods Experience

I have lots of things I could write about but I don't have lots of energy to get the words flowing. Since I've dedicated this little blog to a Wobbly Wednesday post every Wednesday, it works out pretty perfectly that I'm back from traveling and have no exciting pictures to post at this time.

I should have taken a picture of my lunch today, it was delicious! After spending the last four days eating scrumptious but VERY high calorie food, I knew I wanted something on the lighter side.

I went to Whole Foods for the first time ever and my first impression was how insanely expensive the green peppers were that the store smelled like rotten fish.

The poultry and fish department are all the way in the back of the store, so I was a little leery about being able to smell the fish AS SOON as I walked in the door. But, I wasn't there to buy fish and I've heard lots of good things about the store. Specifically, I've heard how yummy their Chicken Salad is and since I had my heart set on it I decided to brave the rancid fish smell.

And I'm so glad I did.

I purchased a 1/2lb of the Sonoma Chicken Salad and also a bag of Sea Salt Pita Chips - yum! Also, I picked up the biggest bottle of water I've ever seen for only $0.99.
 
Best.Chicken.Salad.EVER.

I highly recommend it to anyone who needs something on-the-go. According to www.myfitnesspal.com it has 416 calories in 1/2lb. Add some pita chips and you're at about 600 calories for lunch, which is a little high but nothing that can't be offset by a workout video and a light dinner.

Onto some motivational posters for Wobbly Wednesday!








No comments:

Post a Comment