Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habeumus Papam

We have a new pope!

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio from Argentina was elected pope today and will go by the name Pope Francis I.

As soon as I heard there was white smoke I searched the news sites for a live feed. Thankfully ABC was covering the event so I was able to see the white smoke, the crowd, the bells, and finally watch him come out from behind the red curtains. It's pretty incredible to see the amount of people in St. Peter's square waiting for him to appear , and it's pretty incredible to think that I have stood in that very square not that many years ago. I picked up a red rosewood rosary on that trip that I gave to my goddaughter (my niece), Lucy, on her first birthday. I saw it this summer while I was babysitting her, and it is just as beautiful as I remember!

What a special day.

I don't have sound on my computer, but my boss informed me that before he blessed the people, he asked for a blessing from the people. And he bowed his head as the people blessed him. I love him already.

God bless you, Pope Francis I!


No comments:

Post a Comment